After being plagued with downtime issues with arkf.net, I’ve moved the blog off of my home cable connection onto a dedicated hosting provider.
Originally, I was hosting the website on an Ubuntu 10.04 based virtual machine in my home VMware lab. The problem with this setup is, well, it’s a lab. Accordingly, I break it regularly, sometime intentionally, sometimes not, making it a less than ideal environment for a blog with some semi-regular readers. In addition to the stability issues, my home cable connection’s upload speed is slow (500kbit) which is too slow for hosting a blog like this.
Fingers crossed everything will be okay going forward! Now I just need to learn to post more regularly…
Also, I recently bid on and won the “arkf.com” domain. For now I have set this up to forward to www.arkf.net. An interesting trip into the back water world of domain auctioning.